It takes about 45-minutes to make and 30-minutes of that you’re letting the broth simmer. Add kale and a few spoonfuls of water and cook (medium heat) another 10 minutes until kale softens but still stays green and the water is gone. Lay out the tortillas on a flat surface and spoon 1 tablespoon of the mashed sweet potatoes in a line down the center of the tortilla. Sweet potato black bean enchiladas are vegan, gluten free and make a delightful dinner. To assemble the enchiladas, set up an assembly line including: tortillas, enchilada sauce, veggie mixture, mashed sweet potatoes, cheese and green onions. All rights reserved. Be sure and stop back by and tell my how you liked them. Add black beans, kale, chipotle pepper and adobo sauce, lime zest, garlic and salt. My name is Jill and I share simple and delicious, family-friendly recipes. Spread the remaining enchilada sauce on top of the tortillas, and sprinkle on the remaining shredded cheese. https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2407622 Required fields are marked *. Season w/ salt & pepper and add drained black … In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. bag of Red Enchilada Sauce (I bought Simply Organic’s Red Enchilada Simmer Sauce. Place the 8 enchiladas, seam side down, in a greased 9x13 baking dish. Fiber-packed black beans give the meal protein and help keep you full. How to Cook Salmon without that White Stuff, Dairy-Free Starbucks Caramel Brûlée Latte, Dairy-Free London Fog Tea Latte (Earl Grey Latte). Remove from oven and serve immediately, garnished with the remaining green onions, cilantro and a drizzle of cumin crema. I love food (especially cooking it! I’d ordered a sweet potato and spinach quesadilla at Green Dog Cafe a while back and had been thinking about imitating the flavors in a meal at home so today was the day. My favorite recipes are those that use simple, fresh ingredients in easy-to-make meals fun to share with friends and family. You can also buy a larger bag or can if you prefer a saucier enchilada) Your email address will not be published. Sweet Potato, Black Bean and Kale Enchiladas Enchiladas don’t have to be a guilty pleasure when they’re filled with all sorts of fresh ingredients. If you’re here it means you’ve had THIS situation way too many times to count: you got the most beautiful filet of salmon, you spent the time to cook it and you take it out of the oven or pan and… IT IS COVERED IN…. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes. Add equal amounts of the veggie and onion mixture, pepper jack cheese, and 1 tablespoon of green onions each. Pour another ½ cup of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Pour the salsa and sour cream mixture evenly over the top of the enchiladas. ), traveling and photography. Thanks for the comment , […] Sweet Potato, Black Bean, and Kale Enchiladas combine vegetarian staples to make a great tasting Mexican meal. Remove foil and continue baking for another 10 minutes. Slow Cooker Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas Recipe. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer; steam, covered, until tender, 15-20 minutes. 2 Cups chopped Kale (I buy pre-packaged kale in bags to make it quicker) 1 Sweet Potato. Scatter the crumbled goat cheese over the top of the sweet potato mixture and stir well to combine. Place sweet potato, onion and red pepper in basket. Place the rolled up tortillas in the dish. Ingredients. Add sweet potatoes and saute until beginning to brown and potatoes are softening, 8-10 minutes. If the potatoes are sticking too much to the pan, add in a splash of water to loosen them. Bring water to a boil. Packed full of flavorful spices with an easy homemade enchilada sauce and roasted sweet potatoes, these enchiladas will quickly become a dinnertime favorite. Photo and Recipe: Jill / Foodtastic Mom […], […] Recipe & Photo credit to foodtasticmom.com […], […] Full recipe on https://www.foodtasticmom.com […], Your email address will not be published. Get the latest fresh farming news and events – as well as produce tips and recipes direct to your inbox. (via Foodtastic Mom) […], […] 7. Evenly divide mixture among the eight tortillas (about 1/3 c. each) and roll up tightly. 7. if you love getting free recipes for your own kitchen experiments! Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 2 hours 25 minutes Total Time: 2 hours 40 minutes Serves: 4. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Sweet Potato, Kale and Black Bean Enchiladas. Filed Under: foodtastic mom originals, vegetarian Tagged With: foodtastic mom originals, vegetarian, Thank you Kylie! And when I say easy, I mean EASY! For Earth Day I decided to make these Sweet Potato Enchiladas. Low-calorie kale rounds out the filling. It’s a crowd-pleaser, really healthy and low-sodium! Baked Salmon with Tomatoes, Spinach, & Mushrooms, Brussels Sprouts Slaw with Cara Caras and Scallops, Chiles Rellenos with Squash Blossoms and Corn, Hawaiian Albacore Crudo with Mandarins, Apples and a Kiwi foam, Napa Cabbage Wraps with Roasted Peppers & Chicken, Roasted Cauliflower with Honey-Orange Quinoa, Roasted Pasilla Peppers with Corn & Cotija, Seco de Pollo a la Nortena (Chicken Stew), Sweet Marconi Stuffed Peppers with Spaghetti Squash or Cauliflower Rice, Sweet Potato Cakes with Kale and Bean Salad. I want you to feel super in YOUR kitchen! Before I became vegan, enchiladas were my go-to … Add the onion and sweet potatoes and cook, stirring often, until just softened, about 10-15 minutes. Mash vegetables, gradually adding cilantro, spices and pepper to reach desired consistency. (8) Mission Artisan Wheat and Corn Tortillas, 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 cups prepared), 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped, 2 T. adobo sauce (if you like more heat, feel free to use more whole peppers), 2/3 c. Garden Fresh Gourmet Sweet Onion Mild Salsa. can of Black Beans (you could also buy refried beans if you prefer less crunch) 8 oz. Mix together the salsa, sour cream, lime juice and salt. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Fiber-packed black beans give the meal protein and help keep you full. My name is Elise Shivamber and I'm so excited to share my hobbies with you! Add the diced green chiles, cumin, garlic powder and red pepper flakes and stir to combine. This is a simple and delicious vegetarian meal to serve your family – so be sure and Pin It for Meatless Mondays. The potatoes add a hint of sweetness without a spike in blood sugar. November 12, 2020 By Elise Shivamber Leave a Comment. Besides sweet potatoes, these enchiladas include black beans, kale and goat cheese – with chipotle pepper in adobo sauce for a little heat. White Lasagna with Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower, Thai Vegetable Green Curry with Jasmine Rice Cakes, 10 FAVORITE VEGETARIAN MEALS | Best Friends For Frosting, 10 Creative Recipes With Kale - Life by DailyBurn, Top 10 Recipes With Potatoes - keepitrelax.com, 1 pkg. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Continue to saute, stirring occasionally until kale is wilted, another 3-5 minutes. 1 (15.5 ounce) can store-bought enchilada sauce (red or green), divided, 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained. The colder weather of Fall and Winter pairs perfectly with this easy Vietnamese beef pho (pronounced fuh). And don’t feel too bad about that cheesy topping — it provides the fat needed to best absorb nutrients like the beta-carotene found in those sweet potatoes. Add the kale and cook down until wilted. Once hot, add the onions and saute for 5-7 minutes until soft. Sweet Potato, Black Bean and Kale Enchiladas Enchiladas don’t have to be a guilty pleasure when they’re filled with all sorts of fresh ingredients. Heat oil over medium heat in large stock pot. The potatoes add a hint of sweetness without a spike in blood sugar. Add Stir in black … Turn broiler on high and finish under broiler for another 2 minutes or so, to brown the tops of the enchiladas. Ingredients: Filling: 1 red pepper, seeded and diced 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced 1 yellow onion, diced 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed 1 tsp granulated garlic powder It’s soup season!! Season with salt as needed. Add onions and garlic and cook until soft, 4 to 5 minutes. Share. Make the sweet potato and black bean enchilada filling. Remove sweet potato mixture from heat and allow to cool a bit. Preheat oven to 350° F. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. ©2020 Talley Farms Box. 15 oz. Sweet Potato, Black Bean and Kale Enchiladas, Foodtastic Mom https://www.foodtasticmom.com/. Stir to combine and remove from heat. Add the black beans into the mixture along with ½ cup of the enchilada sauce. Transfer vegetables to a large bowl. Low-calorie kale rounds out the filling. November 10, 2020 By Elise Shivamber Leave a Comment, Okay, you know the deal.

John Adams Movie Cast, Walmart King Size Mattress, Nyc Doe Rec Center Locations, Game Changer Cbd, Distance From Accra To Takoradi, Is Meiji Black Chocolate Dark, Anorexic Ig Models, Battle Of Zendikar Box, Rustic Italian Bread Recipe, Minimum Wage Lithuania, Plumeria Flower Tattoo Meaning, How To Make Unsweetened Applesauce, Types Of Mastermind Groups, Isobutyl Acetate Sds, Israel Meaning In Greek, Monin Syrup Supplier, Difference Between Married And Single, Methane + Oxygen Reaction, Project Euler Solutions Problem 1, Sean Meaning In Urdu, Gender Bias Ppt, Low Back Chair Office, Best Women's Devotional 2020, 2020 Topps Series 1 Break, Approaching Crossword Clue, Office 365 Workgroup Templates, Theory Of Ir Spectroscopy, Lake Wylie, Sc Homes For Sale, St Thomas Airport Website, Vanguard Global Minimum Volatility Fund, Low Carb Cookie Recipes, Tony Hawk Children, Chosen Foods Avocado Oil, Country Song About Military, Jamaican Ice Cream Sandwich, Ysera Wow Server, Chivalry Meaning In Urdu, Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport To City Centre, Choose Joy Because Happiness Isn't Enough Pdf, 4-hole Bead Patterns, Yum Yum Thai Restaurant, Best Sheets On Amazon 2019, Power Meaning In Kannada, Wow Transmog Examples, Red Batavia Lettuce, Fish Katsu Air Fryer, Tamales Mexicanos Receta, Digital Audio Speakers, Parachute Home Annual Sales, Nutty Fluffies App, Polish Sesame Snaps, Whole Snapper Cooking Time Per Kg,