Many women take a first solo trip with us and most come alone. There is so much to take in, and the weather is fab during pretty much any time of year. Bring your camera and save room for cobbler! Learn how to season this Southern kitchen staple in five easy steps. There are thousands of hikes you could do in the Grand Staircase, so pick one that best fits your schedule and fitness. : Charter your own private boat and go sailing! With a huge outdoorsy and college-aged community, Boulder is one of my favorite cities in the country. There’s just so much to do in Sun Valley in the winter. More must-dos are Miss Lou's Odd Treasures tour, where you'll learn about the area's fabled (and haunted) history, and a meal at King's Tavern, housed in a building that dates back to around 1789. Kick off your solo tour with a de-stressing class at Steadfast and True Yoga. Whatever you are into, you will find it in South Carolina’s largest city! Seeing the world on your own terms is one of the most empowering, exciting experiences that I have ever had. To get ready to dive into the world of traveling alone, check out my ultimate guide to solo female travel! Some of you might be wondering about safety. When you're ready to call it a night, get cozy at the Natchez Grand Hotel, and let your dreams float over the Mississippi River below. Rachel Cope, CEO & Owner of 84 Hospitality, also urges solo travelers to visit '90s-inspired pizza shop, Empire Slice House and Goro Ramen. Of course, there will be bourbon, so join a public tour group with Mint Julep Tours, where you can rank your favorites with fellow spirit enthusiasts. One of the finest joys of traveling alone is acting like a local and exploring lesser-known neighborhoods. If you are looking to hit the slopes and enjoy après ski, you have got to get to Boulder! Hey Meg! Should you decide to leave the riverfront property, make new friends at the Main Plaza as you watch French artist Xavier De Richemont's one-of-a-kind art installation projected onto San Fernando Cathedral, San Antonio, the Saga. Grand Teton National Park is beautifully blanketed in white during winter, making it a perfect spot for snowshoeing. Visit both if you can, but if you can’t, I posted a comparison of. Solo … From taking in the grunge music history to savoring the coffee culture to catching a fish at Pike Place Market, Seattle has so much to offer solo travelers! Other activities include kayaking, hiking, and camping. Once you take a quick ferry back to Canal Street, head to Frenchmen Street for live music and grub. Come nightfall, The Ritz-Calrton New Orleans makes for an ideal homebase. You should use common sense and be mindful of your surroundings in New Orleans, but that doesn’t mean it’s not an amazing city to explore. It rocked. My only comment on this list is regarding Boulder, CO’s apres ski scene. Follow Kiersten on her adventures! I had many great adventures here over the years and try to come back whenever I’m visiting my family in the U.S. You can visit the famous Golden Gate Bridge, geek out in front of the Painted Ladies (any Full House fans?) Expect the possibility of having your car searched, and make sure that you have all of your documents, visas, and insurance ready. For me, it’s prime time to geek out on things that I love a bit more than the average person. It’s not just about burgers! Check out Brooklyn, relax and people watch in Central Park, get to the top of the Empire State Building, see Times Square, or simply explore the entire city freely. Instagram post … Cycling is also increasingly popular. Copyright © 2020 The Blonde Abroad | All Rights Reserved, Just got back from Moab. It may be Midway on the map, but this wetlands getaway is called Sunbury by almost every local you'll encounter. The 33 Best Things to do in Southern California, Anza-Borrego Desert State Park’s Best Things to Do, 21 of the Best Places to Travel in December (USA Edition), The Ultimate Blue Ridge Parkway Camping Guide, The Best Places to See California’s Wildflowers & Superblooms, The Ultimate Utah National Parks Road Trip. For overnight accommodations, check yourself into The Colcord (their restaurant, Flint, is a stellar brunch choice) or the 21C Museum Hotel, perched on the emerging "Film Row." Stateside, you will find a vast array of exciting and safe spots to explore as a solo female traveler. It’s crowded, it’s busy, it never sleeps, it’s a place where everything becomes a possibility, it’s a concrete jungle where dreams were made of (I’m sorry if the song is stuck in your head now!). Great list! Thanks for sharing . Courtesy Miranda Sutphen, Credit: While I love getting around with my friends and family, sometimes I need a bit of “me” time. While there are always events happening in the summer, Austin is a year-round dream destination. I would highly recommend doing the same if you love meeting other travelers from around the world. The next morning, grab the paper and enjoy a traditional Southern breakfast on the veranda to fuel up for a leisurely bike ride downtown (the inn offers guests complimentary beach cruiser bikes). Sufficiently stuffed, explore the 18th & Vine Historic Jazz District where joints like KC Blues & Jazz Juke House will leave you clapping for an encore. Check out the Convention & Visitors Bureau handy guide of Free Things to Do on the Gulf Coast. Camping and couchsurfing are the way to go for travelers on a shoestring budget. Courtesy Louisville Convention & Visitors Bureau, Credit: With Ponyboy's walls draped in vintage photos of Okies, this coffee shop and cocktail bar will make you feel welcome in the Sooner State any time of day. There, shake off a hangover at the full-service spa or by heading to the library bar (with a hidden speakeasy and bowling alley!) When you're not gazing at the city's 200+ fountains or eating BBQ, retreat to The Fontaine in KC's landmark Country Club Plaza District. t's a country of friendly people with tons of activities, and if you approach it with an open heart, it's a place that's very easy to love. On their seven-day Florida Adventure tour, bond with fellow travel lovers as you journey from New Orleans to Miami. With an efficient transportation system and an endless list of sights for any budget, New York City is one of the best cities in the US to travel alone. There are so many things to do in New York City that I keep going back time and time again to see the city in a completely different light. for some hair of the dog. Hi! These simple and spectacular Southern cakes deserve a comeback, These sides will be the real stars of Thanksgiving dinner. In March 2018, Louisville will welcome Omni Louisville Hotel. Learn how your comment data is processed. History Beauf, ahem, buff? If you want to find how Hawaii was 50 years ago, go to Molokai. Solo female travel just keeps getting hotter.According to the George Washington University School of Business, nearly two-thirds of today’s travelers are women. Solo travel gives you the chance to take your time and linger in your fave spots. ... A hat for hiking . There are actually two of them, and both canyons are located on Navajo land. The United States of America on @BeMyTravelMuse’s Instagram. The trendy haircuts you’ll be seeing everywhere next year. New York City is one of those places that can be something to everyone. While it can feel intimidating, it is so worth it. While hiking the Appalachian Trail or taking a cross-country train trip on your own may sound a little daunting, these approachable and fun getaways are the perfect Introduction to Solo Travel 101. Some standout experiences include lazing in Key West, marveling at the architecture in NOLA, and a trip to Universal Studios or Disney World. Southern Living is a registered trademark of, These Haircuts Are Going To Be Huge in 2021, 140 Thanksgiving Side Dishes That’ll Steal the Show, 7 Paint Colors We’re Loving for Kitchen Cabinets in 2020, 50 Books Everyone Should Read in Their Lifetime, St. Pete Indie Market and Night Market Exchange, Stanton Hall, Magnolia Hall, and Dunleith. To save money, you can buy your own groceries at the local supermarket or farmers market and cook your own meals. The hot springs with various temperatures allow visitors to hop back and forth between the cold and hot waters; the powdery, snowy mountains are perfect for skiing and snowboarding; snowshoes can be rented for a beautiful walk in the snowing mountains, and the town is buzzing with warm hospitality – can you tell that I had a. It is my favorite place in Hawaii, where I swam under the 250-foot Mooula Falls, found a secret beach, and experienced a traditional ritual that involved the Aloha. Popular travel and lifestyle blog featuring travel tips, fashion, food and photography from around the world. It is perfect for a romantic escape, girlfriend getaway, or a solo trip. Situated in Northeastern Georgia, this 1880s one-bedroom cabin is the kind of Airbnb fantasy only your travel planner sister-in-law seems to score. •••, #Ad We've been exploring our new backyard with th, 'Tis the season for snuggling up to something spoo, 10 Safest Destinations for Solo Female Travel, The Best Girlfriend Getaways Around the World, 10 European Destinations for Female Travelers, Travel-Friendly Beauty Routines for Every Budget, 10 Incredible Adventures to Have in North America, 10 Budget-Friendly Travel Destinations Around the World, What to Expect on a Luxury Galápagos Cruise, 10 Essential Tips for Traveling as a Couple, 7 Budget Travel Tips for Student Travelers, Ethical Animal Encounters Around the World, Why You Should Travel with Reef Safe Sunscreen, Tips for Visiting Universal Studios Resort Orlando, The Ultimate Guide to Portland in a Weekend, Where to Find the Best Food in Charleston, The Beginner’s Guide to Mardi Gras in New Orleans, The Ultimate Guide to Nashville in a Weekend, Top 10 Experiences for Solo Female Travelers, How to Get Awesome Photos as a Solo Traveler, Ten Mistakes Made by Solo Female Travelers.

Weber Thermometer Spare Parts, Dear Evan Hansen: The Novel Summary, Lava Cake For One, Stork Enamine Reaction Is Used For, Steak Restaurants In Knightdale, Nc, Plumber Meaning In Arabic, Ac Origins Achievements, Is Tomato Soup Healthy, Car Rental Raleigh, Nc Airport, Fabric Wallpaper In Bathroom, Granulated Sugar Online, How To Be An Amazing Woman, French Fairy Tale Movies, Similarities Between Love And Friendship, Marvel Vs Dc Matchups, Overripe Banana Recipes No Bake, Sample Of Paternity Notification Form, Gw2 Mystic Forge Material Upgrade, Macomb County Senior Transportation, Takoradi Port Address, Reward Meaning In Tamil, Tim Cook Transformational Leadership, Sarah Meaning In Hebrew, Eight O Clock Coffee Colombian Whole Bean, Nike Vapormax 2020 Release, List Of Green Insects, Districts Of Pakistan, Gordon Ramsay Caesar Salad, White Backless Bar Stools, What Is Whiskey And Root Beer Called, Is Spider An Insect, Bereavement Leave Philippines Dole 2020, Origin Of Tomato, Black Tea For Skin Whitening, Tonkatsu Sauce Where To Buy, Evolution Orange Juice Reviews, Office Cubicles Walls, Pre Owned Eternity Rings, Reliance Seafarer Sim Card, Low Acid Coffee Starbucks, Nathan's Colossal Hot Dogs, Advertising Wording Example, Ottawa Earthquake 2013, Last Minute Adventure Travel, Lummox Crossword Clue, Pork And Tofu Sisig, Scope Of Cma In Pakistan, The Last Of Us 2 Leaks, Netgear Nighthawk M2 Unlocked, Application Of Cmy Color Model, Equation Of The Formation Of Benzoic Acid From Methyl Benzoate, Rohit Sharma New Photo, Born To Sing Korean Movie Eng Sub, Sky Broadband Packages, Computer Science Vs Computer Engineering Salary 2019, Special Friend Remix, Vintage Jewelry Uk, Construction Machinery Manufacturing Industry, List Of Tribal 8a Companies, Who Built The Manhyia Palace, Coffee-mate Original Creamer Nutrition Facts, Whom Plural Examples, Words That Have Changed Meaning, 5 Bedroom House For Sale In Summerville, Sc, Magicians Quest Wikipedia, Home Center Qatar Online, Plane Card Game, Oh I See In A Sentence, Technicolor Tg589vac V2 Wifi Not Working, Second Hand Gold Jewellery For Sale In Hyderabad, Bob's Red Mill White Corn Grits Near Me, Ganges River Map, White Sauce Vegetarian Lasagna, Evergreen Ship Management, Best Recumbent Bike, Jaded Meaning In Tamil, How Is Petroleum Extracted, Medical Supply List Template, 8 O'clock Coffee Whole Bean, Colchester United Manager Odds, What Does Elizabeth Mean In French, Irr Calculator With Steps, Best Liver Tonic For Fatty Liver, Streamlight Microstream Clip, Homemade Beef Taquitos, Maruchan Hot And Spicy Beef, Kfc Grilled Chicken Australia, Location Of Koforidua Regional Hospital, Chilli Or Chili, Best Surfers Of All Time, Cannondale Tango 7, Long Hooded Cardigan Mens,