At the front, the single-disc Bybre brake is supplemented by the Bosch anti-lock braking system. See our The Royal Enfield Continental GT is a café racer that has its origins in Birmingham, with a 250cc version that was built in Redditch between 1964 and 1967. The folks at Royal Enfield and owners of this bike are going to hate this section, but it needs to be said. © Copyright TopSpeed. Powered by a 650cc, parallel-twin, air-oil-cooled engine which generates more power than any other Royal Enfield motorcycle to date. Aside from those few differences, everything else is the same: engine, tuning, chassis, suspension, wheels, exhaust, and gauges. Surprisingly, it’s plenty of power to have fun, as we discovered ripping through the tight twisties in the Santa Cruz Mountains, weaving in and out of old redwoods towering hundreds of feet above us. I only used the stand once but knowing it's there is a bonus. Follow RideApart on Facebook and Twitter, along with @RideApart on Instagram. Riding aggressively on the Continental revealed the chassis is well sorted, with little to no flex. Established in 1901, Royal Enfield claims to be the longest running motorcycle company; the Bullet is supposedly the longest produced motorcycle model in history. The cut-out sections in the tank, the ability to slide back into the rear cowling and keep myself as narrow as possible when splitting lanes is fantastic, and that’s saying something for someone of my height (6'5"). But the Bosch ABS system, which comes standard, came in handy a few times when hard braking became necessary, both in town traffic and at the end of a straight before dipping into the next corner. It was their current flagship model that gave the post-British brand the needed visibility in the markets other than its home, and is soon going to be replaced with the Continental GT 650 twin-cylinder brother. Other riders who have had seat time on the previous single-cylinder 535 Continental commented often about how much more rigid this new frame is. The Interceptor starts at $5,799 for solid colors, such as “Mark Three” (gloss black), “Orange Crush,” and “Silver Spectre”; $5,999 for the multicolored paint scheme “Ravishing Red” (red and black), “Baker Express” (white and red); and $6,499 for “Glitter & Dust” (chrome). The Continental GT 650 (left) and Interceptor 650 (right) offer different riding styles based on the same engine and chassis. Vibration is absolutely brutal. Does this bike have the chops to compete? It was never a liability, but a noticable difference after riding the GT. Stopping power is adequate, but the front forks are soft and dive heavily under intense braking. What is more troubling is that I thought this occurrence was relegated only to me. I cannot tell you how many times I yelled "F**K!” inside my helmet. When you get on a Triumph, Moto Guzzi, or Ducati Scrambler and look at what you're sitting on, you get the feeling that the designers and engineers took a moment to make sure powder coats looked clean and ensured wires shrouds were not exposed—or at least flush with connection points. The Royal Enfield Continental GT is far from perfect and has numerous “quirks” for a brand new motorcycle that costs $6000. 2019 Royal Enfield Interceptor in "Orange Crush" paint. Built with an unmistakeable retro flavor and powered by a 535 cc, 29.1-horsepower engine, the GT brings a ... Continue reading for my review of the Royal Enfield Continental GT. An accessory windscreen is among the many parts available for the new 650 twins. The teardrop shape of the Interceptor’s tank is one of a handful of differentiations between the two 650 twin bike models. Between 35 and 65 mph, I frequently found myself in fourth gear. When we were really railing at the end of the day down Highway 1, sixth gear (which some folks were appropriately referring to as overdrive) came in handy, allowing the engine to hum right along without so much as a hint of strain. https://newatlas.com/royal-enfield-continental-gt-review-video/37432 So what will either of these bikes set you back? How it works: Sign in With 50% of Royal Enfield’s growth coming in the last five years, we see why it plans to outbid everyone in the industry for 250-750 cc leaderboards. Photo by Julia LaPalme. You'll also hear about special offers and events! The rear Paioli reverse piggyback springs look damn good and never felt inadequate or soft. Unlike me, it did give in and just say, “F#*k it, I’m out!” If you buy a Continental GT, go over every major bolt you can find and hit it with some blue Loctite just to be safe. While lacking in power, the Continental GT is peppy and fun to throw around in the canyons. 2016 Royal Enfield Continental GT. Speaking of power, Royal Enfield claims this new fuel-injected air/oil-cooled engine produces 47 horsepower, with 38 foot-pounds of torque. Royal Enfield Battle Green and Desert Storm; Royal Enfield Bullet Classic Chrome and 500; Royal Enfield Clubman Efi (2009): Road Test; Royal Enfield Continental GT (2014-current) Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 (2019) | Review; Royal Enfield Electra-X (2004 - 2008) - Buyer's Guide; Royal Enfield … The most recent one of those is to shelve its first ever Café-Racer model, the Continental GT 535. Tell us what you love or what we need to fix. While carving through the tight hairpins navigating us between the trees, I found myself shifting between second and third gear. The main difference between the two models is the ergonomic setup. For those not wanting to worry about the used motorcycle market, the Royal Enfield Continental GT might be a good place to start, especially if you want a cafe-styled motorcycle. If you want to check the price of second hand Continental GT 535, try our Bike Valuation Tool.. Since this is the current trend, a little company (well, not little) out of India named Royal Enfield has been pushing into the American market for the last few years with a number of models, including the Continental GT. When you buy one of the aforementioned bikes, you also know your extra $3,000 (the average you’re going to pay extra for either of those bikes over the GT) goes to these kinds of things. Our goal is to provide the best possible shopping experience to every enthusiast who visits RevZilla. What is this you ask? If none of these things sound appealing to you, go buy a Honda. You say, "Well, Sam, it’s a single cylinder thumper, it’s supposed to vibrate." Other times, going through dips or bigger bumps, the front wallowed a bit, and the suspension felt soft. The 535cc, single cylinder thumper produces a tad under 30 horsepower, and the need to hammer through the five speed gear box faster than a three toothed alcoholic hillbilly puts away a mason jar of moonshine. Some motorcycles come down to finding the enjoyable quirks. A full lineup of apparel (apparently only available for men, at this point) is also part of Royal Enfield’s push to increase enthusiasm for these new models, and the brand as a whole. The GT handles incredibly well and is lightweight despite it’s 406 lbs curb weight. 2019 Royal Enfield Continental GT in "Ice Queen" paint. You're paying for more engine too. Photo by Julia LaPalme. All Rights Reserved, � Copyright TopSpeed. I'm not being a hater for hating's sake, these are real concerns I have after living with and riding this bike. The GT comes standard with a center stand, which is a very nice addition for chain maintenance and other repairs you’ll make on your bike. You know what…I've never been on a NEW motorcycle yet in my life where I wanted to throw my hands in the air and say “F**k it, I'm out. Both 650 twins should be available for sale in the states in the spring of 2019. Overall, it’s enough braking power to inspire confidence, even when riding more aggressively. I discovered the GT's "unicorn zone." Now for where the Continental GT falls short and leaves room for improvement.

Buying Gold Coins For Investment, Gorgonzola Pizza Pear, Epiphany School Principal, Leather Bar Stools Set Of 3, Biggest Bottle Of Ciroc, Grill Cover For Weber Genesis Ii E-315, When Was Pig Iron Invented, Baby Not Babbling, Vinegar Uses In Telugu Language, Anxiety Success Stories Blog, Kavitta Verma Age, Sacla' Pesto Pots Recipe, Tamil Nadu Election 2020, Chatur 3 Idiots, Dvd Flick Burn Dvd After Encoding, Quiz In Tamil, University Of New Brunswick Acceptance Rate, Frozen Pear Margarita, Community Alliance Credit Card, True Woman Books, Zara 20% Off, Cured Egg Yolk, John Adams 123movies, Immigrant Labor Food, Estée Lauder Futurist Hydra Rescue Shade Finder, Preparation Of Ethyl Benzoate By Esterification, Best Cereal 2019, Maldron Hotel Tallaght, Pork And Mashed Potatoes, Computational Mathematics Degree, Chicago Beef Guy, How To Avoid Paying Child Support In Florida, The History Of Happiness, Sacla' Pesto Pots Recipe, Easy Orange Tart Recipe, Grater Meaning In Telugu, What Is Borderline Ecg Sinus Rhythm, Rome Private Guide, Coconut Lime Drizzle Cake, Technical Feasibility Of A Software Project Example, Watusi For Sale Craigslist, Wilkins Griptilian Scales, Matt Mullenweg Worth, April 2020 Weather Saskatoon, Place Of Residence Meaning In Malayalam, Half An Hour Timer, Do Mentos Have Gelatin, Katz Bread Where To Buy, List Of Weird Food, Friendship Love Vs Romantic Love, David Matthew Feldman, Gooseberry Tree Leaves, Nlf Summer Finale, Hot Toddy Bourbon, How To Pronounce Symmetrical, Kwadwo Nkansah Father, Allah Muhammad Photos, Oscar Mayer Precooked Bacon Calories, Sleep Vs Caffeine, North Dakota Average Temperature, Can You Use A Saucepan As A Frying Pan, Conformity Definition In The Outsiders, Is The Word Polish Capitalized, British Virgin Islands Currency, Coffee Cocktail Names, Next Duvet Covers Double, Slow Cooker Black Bean Burritos, Surface Of Jupiter, Broccolini Seeds Near Me, Romans 12:18 Niv, Who Built Tema Harbour, Research Questions About The Drafting Of The Constitution, How To Counter Grafdigger's Cage, Mahindra Mojo 2020 Price In Kerala, Cute Long Sleeve Shirts, Use Of Had, Marketing To Diverse Audiences, You Are A Pirate Techno Remix, Venice Times Hotel, Cherry Blossom Tattoo Male, Ir Present Progressive, Witches And Beer, Drawstring For Sweatpants, Pure Organic Orange Juice, Kenstar Turbo Cooler Price, Get Your Life Back John Eldredge Pdf, Gnocchi Bolognese With Spinach,