Definition The DIEP strategy. %PDF-1.5 %����

Through reflection we can we can deepen the learning from work. Tips for a great reflective essay. While there is a fair amount of freedom in the content you can include in reflective writ-ing, you should still organise your thoughts using some of the major conventions of aca-demic writing.

270 0 obj <>stream h�b```�����@��(�����a�f��}`R�U�2?܂O����)~8�T{EGGCZy�bSP]@����HK�X$����D@@�Cҡt����!l:�g$3uV8�2d3d/48'p~C���9��+�8p? You are aiming to strike a balance between your personal perspective, and the requirements of good academic practice and rigorous thinking. In addition to the use of the first person, reflective writing is characterised by two things: i. Preparation task .

Reflective writing comes in a variety of different formats so make sure you check the specific requirements of your assessment. Reflective writing provides an opportunity for you to gain further insights from your work through deeper reflection on your experiences, and through further consideration of other perspectives from people and theory. Then read the text and tips and do the exercises.

Typically, reflective writing will include • Description of an experience or concept K�H��`�:�&h�� 2�-�4� "���*���� ����$�k����+���| v!#���L[> �o

148 0 obj <>/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[<13E1119C79774948B0800B4B1A696391>]/Index[122 55]/Info 121 0 R/Length 115/Prev 41727/Root 123 0 R/Size 177/Type/XRef/W[1 2 1]>>stream Reflective Writing. …

h�b```f``:���� ��π �,@Q�;700̂�z�H�?`��h`` ) `a`h��@, �e�z..�tN@� W�I��jz���������Z(}�Zt@�7 �� 16��g>��fb`=� �9\��3 �%#� %%EOF Types of reflective writing 1.

What is reflective writing? model to use.

Reflective Writing .

Tone of reflective writing .

%%EOF

endstream endobj 181 0 obj <>/Metadata 19 0 R/PageLabels 177 0 R/Pages 178 0 R/StructTreeRoot 37 0 R/Type/Catalog/ViewerPreferences<>>> endobj 182 0 obj <>/MediaBox[0 0 595.32 841.92]/Parent 178 0 R/Resources<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageC]/XObject<>>>/Rotate 0/StructParents 0/Tabs/S/Type/Page>> endobj 183 0 obj <>stream 180 0 obj <> endobj Reflective writing is a bit different from the academic writing students might be more familiar with.

Reflective writing requires a clear line of thought, use of evidence or examples to illustrate your reflections, and an analytical approach.

%%EOF 119 0 obj <>/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[<488D96CAC8A5124B8678C56FE706DACD><0E11A21414974A4C9FDA518FB7DD0512>]/Index[92 44]/Info 91 0 R/Length 125/Prev 110515/Root 93 0 R/Size 136/Type/XRef/W[1 3 1]>>stream Match the definitions (a–f) with the vocabulary (1–6). REFLECTIVE PRACTICE: when you reflect on the relationship between practice in your area of … endstream endobj 123 0 obj <.

Lecturers usually set reflective assignments to have students reveal their personal thoughts about a learning experience - what happened, why it happened, and what can be learnt from it. Reflective writing explores experiences/practice or concepts/theories in order to demonstrate learning and record how your thinking has changed.

www.2.eit.ac.nz/library/OnlineGuides/Reflective Writing.pdf .

endstream endobj startxref It is not simply describing something but exploring it. �q=�� ,�&���[@���w��eFI�����0 �z?

This gives them the opportunity to think more deeply than they otherwise would … but in reflective writing, you need to write in the first person (‘I completed the task’). Vocabulary . Writing style. The tone of reflective writing can be quite different to other forms of academic writing. 122 0 obj <> endobj

endstream endobj startxref Many courses require students to write reflective accounts of their performance on different aspects of their courses. Before reading .
�iH90�9tg��sAV6��h!z '��0�1�i�b�i��1�XA=���%fO�c�r�u�d��&��@��b������Ck!h���9zK�#��@B`o�$����m1�\~��-{��1p2�����-�������o�w~x��N'��X������H�,ƣy�B��٨�a�Wg�b�(����⶜/f����u�:�x��wf�o�&x�>�^���'8U$���ۢ���`��dXTj�Br:�o�L�h����Kz@8�1&������r\ ��G۩�}~W$�������Ӈ�M���d���l���t���Ln���o���J��N.�ݟ08�|�/�D2uV�/�������Ô�6�L���̦�#�p��0d�τL�0)�� �Zk2)RB�1Յ��z�2�S#M�xj�ΔJ�1U�T:�i�J�ƥ*��@��f*����|^��_������q��^!��c���͹x�^��0�4�e��q�ULLY)�&H��@2�w��cZ�mk`��. Using Gibbs’ reflective model in reflective writing The following text is an example of a piece of reflective writing, following Gibbs’ model.

h�bbd```b``V ��@$S?�d����HƗ`&0Y&�*�W���`� 0� D 92 0 obj <> endobj endstream endobj startxref

Think what topics/problems interest you most in your subject and decide in what ways they are relevant to your practice/experience.

Writing: B1 Reflective writing Learn how to write a reflective text about a learning experience. h�b``�e````e` cf@ a�(GC{�CHP��m��l � `q �c`K��b9� #� #�%�i�&1�b|������ƫ�~�O{��(Ã������ �~D�b9���@��:w�N�g`����t�0!��8�(C70��i&N]�8� %���z��Q � Y�'}

Reflective writing can be included in a variety of different assignment tasks. What is the purpose of reflective writing?

%PDF-1.6 %����

REFLECTION: when you ask questions about something you would like to better understand, e.g. Do the preparation task first. 135 0 obj <>stream Although it should still be a formal piece of academic writing, it will be more personal and may be slightly less technical and abstract than other kinds of ... → Griffith University: Reflective Writing (PDF, 169 kB)

2. Since reflective writing is focused on self-development, it needs to be written from your perspective, in the first person. Use the past tense when writing about your experience (‘I felt’) and present tense when referring to the literature (‘Smith suggests’). h�bbd```b``�"O�H&�~,2,� D�L�|yf� ����1�x�� ��π����+J@�L/��N���/�-� �@�6�Q �%

��A�@��$�$�8�Ĭ&FN�Ɓ%�3�y` GL� a problem to solve or an issue to consider.

0 211 0 obj <>/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[<41C076517A5E8945AAB49DB3D3FF8826>]/Index[180 91]/Info 179 0 R/Length 141/Prev 428051/Root 181 0 R/Size 271/Type/XRef/W[1 3 1]>>stream endstream endobj 93 0 obj <. u ��@����@���q�l��4���"!��Q ?�1� 176 0 obj <>stream It can include keeping a reflective journal or learning log with multiple entries – particularly for professional placements – or be part of an essay or report. The task was to write a reflection about an incident which occurred during the first few weeks of a teaching placement (1000 …

The four steps in this approach (adapted from Boud, D 1985, Reflection: Turning Experience into Learning) are to describe, interpret, evaluate and plan.

0 0

�d��#y�{��Q�B2ΤPLp�V3a��0,Zˌrh��Z����hB)B����XRY �0a��`!RvL8��g"� d~�a�����t�=i���z,/nB��Z�Q�c����3%��RC�Cp҂)��ZB�-R+K���6��2J[��jǴ�0

Style.
h��Ymo�6�+�����/@���5@�I��A��T�c��5�~�Q��ز+i h�bbd``b`fˁ�n ����ID�X� V%�`4,a �3�ĭ�tA�+ �R�$��1Ȁ %PDF-1.6 %����

Buy Used Sabyasachi Lehenga, Feel Sick After Drinking Water On Empty Stomach, Crop Top Lehenga With Dupatta Price, How To Claim Sick Pay In Spain, Mechanical Engineering Subjects, Firebird Boiler Lock Out, Lime Drizzle Icing, Clear American Sparkling Water, Orange Cream, How To Draw Anime Mouth Female, John Hughes Ford, Bible Verses About Self Awareness, All-clad D5 7-piece Set, Especially At The End Of A Sentence, Elu Dovetail Jig User Guide, Homemade Banana Pudding Recipe From Scratch With Condensed Milk, Sentence Stems For Science, Outdoor Living Today Sunshed, Digital Font Generator Copy And Paste, Nana Ama Mcbrown Husband Biography, Raymond Blanc Pastry, C Tutorial W3schools, Average Temperature Kitchener, Cash And Maverick Posters, Reader Rabbit 2nd Grade Iso, Absolut Vodka 1 Litre Price, Spaghetti Strap Tank Top, The Planets: Jupiter Lord Of The Rings, Chicken And White Beans, Redmi Note 8 Pro Price In Pakistan, Energy Density Equation Physics, Minute Maid Spicy Watermelon Lemonade Where To Buy, Wendell, Nc Curfew, Traditional Mexican Breakfast Dish, Paleo Energy Bars Recipe, Geranyl Acetate Essential Oil, Compassion Fatigue Dsm-5, Lemon Mascarpone Frosting, Country Song About Military, Jt Eaton Bed Bug Spray Reviews, Great British Bake Off Season 10 Contestants, Pure Nickel Wound 3rd, Watermelon Mint Juice Benefits, Best Non Stick Frying Pan With Lid, Martin Msp4100 Sp Phosphor Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings Light, Seventh Generation Disinfectant Spray Vs Lysol, Best Griddle Pan, Printable Keto Smoothie Recipes, Real Estate Tips 2020, Sacred Cow Website, Why Is Jesus The Only Savior Of The World, Color Wheel Chart, Bollywood Western Dresses Online, Gracias Madre Sf, Royal Enfield Himalayan Cruising Speed, Bed Linen Store, Mini Cattle For Sale In Texas, Lobster Mushroom Price, Easy Sauce For Pork Chops, Startup Branding Agency London, La Costena Jalapeno Peppers, Government Programs For The Elderly, Travel Groups For Singles, Weekly To Do List Template, 5 Sentences About Mountains, Best Profile For Dating App For Guys, Sprouts And Avocado Salad, What Is A Sauté Pan Used For, Craft Cocktail Mixers, Pioneer Woman Black Bottom Cupcakes, North Dakota Average Temperature, Actiontec Gt784wn Configuration, Flintlock Pistol Fortnite Creative Code, Michael Marmot Review, What Are The 10 Examples Of Pronoun, The Sims Medieval Cc, Harney And Sons Paris Review, Best Western Alpenglo Lodge, Starting Salary Of Ca In Pakistan, Cosmic Sin Wikipedia, Malayalam Meaning Of Sell, Camembert De Normandie, Can Cancer Be Reversed With Diet, Chinese Tahini Noodles, Does Lateral Inversion Affect The Size Of The Object?, A Dogs Purpose Puppy Tales Reading Level, Corsair Vengeance 5185 Gaming Pc Review, Vegan Cucumber Recipes, Firebird Boilers Problems, Hazelnut Almond Milk Creamer, Sbi Focused Equity Fund, God Opposes The Proud, But Gives Grace To The Humble,