In a small bowl, stir the paprika, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, apple cider vinegar, honey, olive oil, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce until well combined. Then all that is left to do is make the apple slaw and shred the pork. I usually do it in the morning before school drop off. Allow the roast to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before grilling. Your email address will not be published. Coat the surface of the roast evenly with the rub. If it has reached (160°F), place the roast in a large disposable foil pan and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Thanks so much, Robyn :) Pulled pork is one of my favourites! I think I'll make this for my kids over the holidays! Top with the other bread slices. Stir apples and sugar mixture into cooked onion. Return the pan to the grill and cook above foil pan, over, After 4 hours, use an instant-read thermometer to check the internal temperature of the roast. Pour the mixture over the pork and cover the pot. Most importantly though, I love sharing the joy of cooking at home, with simple, delicious and seasonally-inspired recipes. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. The one "flaw" I found in the recipe is that it takes a lot longer than 10 minutes to caramelize onions and my stove was turned up higher than medium-low!. 653 calories; protein 31.9g 64% DV; carbohydrates 67.4g 22% DV; fat 22.8g 35% DV; cholesterol 125mg 42% DV; sodium 407.5mg 16% DV. I seem to be the odd man out here. I used 16 oz of Guiness and 20 oz of fresh apple cider and had no Granny Smith just used the little red apples that I had (didn't need to cook them as long as they were a softer variety). But for my health, I needed to give it a try. Do you love classic, homey, comforting food, but with a modern, real food update? granulated sugar, ¾ teaspoon Parker eats hers with no bun and Ellie eats hers with the slaw on the side, but they both love this meal as much as I do. This was delicious. Waiting for the onion to brown was almost torture...can't wait for the leftovers tomorrow! This was a great recipe and super easy. Place pork shoulder in a large, heavy bottomed Dutch oven or pot on the stove-top. I shredded the meat and put it back in the slow cooker for another 2 hours as I had plans. Tender, sweet, slow cooked pork makes a perfect pairing with sweet and tangy caramelized apples and onion. But maybe you wouldn't like me raiding your refrigerator at this time of night. It combines a version of a wet rub/bbq sauce that is full of cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, honey, apple cider vinegar and a little Worcestershire sauce that is all whisked together then poured over a big portion of pork shoulder that is resting on top of a couple of slices of onion in a slow-cooker. When ready, simply shred and enjoy! This was absolutely delicious. Apple flavoured BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, served on crusty rolls with apple slaw. Return the pan to the grill and cook over, After 4 hours, check the internal temperature of the roast. When pork is cooked all the way through, take it out of the slow cooker and let cool slightly. And we’ve been lucky enough to have a lot of those recently! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Share. In a small saucepan, combine all of the ingredients and bring to a simmer; cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes. THE DAILY MEAL ® IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF TRIBUNE PUBLISHING. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Family did not like the apple and onion mixture. Only kidding, I am 100% positive that will never happen. Made this with Newton's Folly Hard Cider (Red Delicious I think). After 10-15 minutes, stir the mixture well and flip the pork over. I love the flavor combination. Bone-on chicken breasts or thighs will provide more tender results. Using two forks, shred the pork, discarding any fatty pieces. Oh, this is just heavenly, Jennifer! Instructions. On the stove-top it should take 4 hours from start to finish. 3 Toast the Buns. A perfect fall sandwich. A well done pulled pork is sweet, smokey and salty. In a large bowl toss the apples, cabbage, carrots and green onions together. Love the combination of tender slow-cooked pork with the fresh crunch of cabbage and apple. These slow-cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Apple Slaw are a perfect weeknight meal for the entire family. Add additional barbeque sauce if desired, then top with other roll half and enjoy. Copyright © 2020 Seasons and SuppersAs an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Pulled pork sliders are AMAZING! The whole sandwich eaten together tasted mostly of the apples to me. Discard any large pieces of fat and sinew. Using liquid smoke eliminates the need for smoking and reduces the cooking time by almost half, How to Cook Turkey Breast in a Slow Cooker, Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, (1.4 kilograms) boneless pork butt, cut into four pieces. Drain and add two handfuls of the wood chips to the smoker box of a gas grill, following manufacturer’s instructions, and close the lid. This would be fun for sliders and tailgating! I added some of the cider liquid to the pork when I served it as well. Any apple will do. 1. Return the pan to the grill and cook over. Prepare the grill for indirect cooking over very low heat (250° to 300°F). Disclosure: This post is sponsored by the Ontario Apple Growers. It disappears in to the sauce as it cooks, but lends an ever-so-subtle fruity note to the sauce. Place cheese on bottom buns. Thanks Tricia and yes, perfect to feed a crowd! You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Lots of flavour and super sauce, the way I like it :) You can actually make a "slaw" for the topping, but I found that the purple cabbage turned the apples purple when moisture was added to the mix, which was a bit too colourful. The heavy bottom ensures that the food you're cooking doesn't scorch easily. Add pulled pork, white portions of green onions, and a pinch of salt and pepper to hot pan. When the wood begins to smoke, cook the roast, fat side up, over indirect very low heat, with the lid closed, for 4 hours.Drain and add one handful of the wood chips to the smoker box every 45 minutes to 1 hour until they are gone. I like a saucy pork sandwich, so I just added all of the shredded pork back into the slow cooker, but feel free to adjust sauce to your family's preferences. Prepare the grill for cooking over low heat (275°F). I took Saveur's suggestion and served them on pretzel buns (=. Apples find their way in to a lot of my savoury dishes. We’re reviving classic sandwiches with crunchy, flavorful New York apple slices. After taste testing a ton of different versions of pulled pork, this recipe is my family’s all-time winner! Discard onions. I think next time I'll slice up more apples as I really liked those with the pork. Serve pork in toasted buns top with coleslaw and toasted French fried onions. I ended up polishing off 4 sliders (and 3 glasses of wine) and deciding that I have some work to do in the kitchen. Apples and pork are always a favorite pairing. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. On the stove-top it should take 4 hours from start to finish. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Thank you! Step 2. I have been looking for a good recipe for pulled pork . “One of the best Food Blogs in Canada.” This recipe is courtesy of Southern Girl Meets Vegetarian Boy. Meet the Author: Hi! This was divine and I ate way too much. Step 1. To serve, cut buns in half, spoon a huge serving of pork onto the bottom bun, top with a spoonful of the apple slaw and top with the remaining piece of bun. Recipe Group Selection: 20 September 2014 This was a delicious sandwich! Transfer sandwich to an oven-safe skillet set over medium-high heat and cook, about 3 minutes per side, until bread is crispy and browned. National Post. Place the onions at the bottom of a slow cooker, add the pork on top and pour the sauce over it, making sure to cover the entire piece of meat. Instructions. I'm plugging in my slow cooker right now, this gorgeous sandwich is almost too easy to be true! Cook tenderloin on Low until very tender, about 6 hours. This slaw will keep for a couple of days and is perfect for leftovers. Learn how your comment data is processed. It is a winner in our house and one I will be making again. 4. Keep warm until ready to serve. Coleslaw. 1 Sandwich… After that I am pretty much helpless in the pork department! Yields. I've learned a lot from getting dinner on the table all these years! This was what I missing out on all of these years of not eating pork?!?! Thanks for the awesome recipe! Add some or all of the sauce back into the shredded pork. It is intended to be used for long duration, low and slow cooking. You have to love dump it all in a pot and let it cook away dishes :). Drain and add two handfuls of the wood chips to the smoker box of a gas grill, following manufacturer’s instructions, and close the lid. Spoon pork and apple-onion sauce over rolls to serve. medium carrots, peeled, coarsely grated (about 1 cup), 12 Well I had NOTHING to worry about - my husband and I loved this sandwich! Copyright © 2020 Baby-Foode | Privacy Policy. Pile the pork on buns and top with coleslaw. I'm new to your site and am in LOVE! Roasted Squash with a Thai Squash Curry Filling, Creamy Goat Cheese Pasta with Spinach and Tomatoes. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. I had never cooked with hard cider before so this was an adventure. Learn how your comment data is processed. I thought the meat was bland definitely needed some salt and pepper in there. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Love all your recipes!! Will make again!!! Makes 6 … This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. When pork is tender enough to pull apart with a fork, remove the pork to a rimmed baking sheet. As always, all opinions are my own. In a slow cooker, add the Worcestershire sauce, chili powder… By clicking “Accept”, you consent to the use of all the cookies. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Season with additional salt if needed. On two slices of bread, spread the dijon, then layer with pulled pork, apple slices, and cheese. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Instructions Add the diced onion, garlic cloves and apple to your crock pot. Make the pulled pork: Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). It smells so good! In the slow cooker, it would be about 4 hours on high or 7 or 8 hours if cooked on low. In a large Dutch oven, melt the coconut oil over medium heat. About 20 minutes for the pork is finished, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat; cook and stir onion until well browned, about 10 minutes. Pulled Pork Apple Sandwich. Apples are amazing in so many recipes. This stuffed chop recipe adds the zing of cranberries. Seasons and Suppers is honoured to have been featured on these great sites ... Hi Jennifer! On a cold winter day, this is exactly the kind of lunch I crave! Combine hard apple cider and 1/4 cup brown sugar in a slow cooker; mix until dissolved. by Whisk in the remaining sauce ingredients, bring to a simmer, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook until slightly thickened, 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Micrometres 1 μm In, 2019 Pga Championship Winner, Amy's Lentil Vegetable Soup Nutrition Facts, Keto Eggs And Vegetables, Hazelnut Frappuccino Recipe, Estructura De Datos En C, Where Is Epithelial Tissue Found, Does Fender Make Their Own Strings, Diet Chart According To Age, Wooden Bar Stools With Backs That Swivel, Should You Buy Lottery Tickets From Different Locations, Buddy Valastro & Wife, Latest Legalization News Nc, 2020 Softail Slim, Eukaryotes And Prokaryotes, Masale Bhat Recipe In Marathi, Kenstar Turbocool Dx How To Use, California Sky Today, Log Cabin Suppliers, Investing In Vtsax, Tvs Sport Bike On Road Price, Halo Twin Bassinet Reviews,