Correct! 13. Click here to download this exercise in PDF (with answers). have you been knowing . View: Present Perfect Continuous Tense Practice Test (Exercise) Answers. Recently, she ______________________________ (feel) quite better. You _______________________________________ (help) me a lot. Guru and Pranay have been travelling since last month. Present Perfect Or Present Perfect Continuous Tense Exercise. To make negative statements in the Present Perfect Continuous, we use: have/has not (haven’t/hasn’t) + been + the ‘-ing’ form of the verb, Present Perfect or Present Perfect Continuous?. Has/have + subject + been + V1(+ing) + … +? You have not been _________________________enough food. asked . Malaria …………… in this city since July. This is the fifth time you ..... that question. (rage) 9. Present Perfect Continuous Tense Exercises With Answers We already have talked about present perfect continuous/progressive tense usages and sentence structures. She has been practising her maiden speech since Wednesday. Get more Perfect English Grammar with our courses. Here we are talking about an ongoing situation and therefore we use the present perfect continuous tense. Click here to review how to make the English present perfect continuous, Click here to download this exercise in PDF (with answers). For an action which began at some time in the past and is still continuing: Examples: He has been sleeping since five thirty in the evening. Welcome! Subject + has/have + been + 1st form of verb + ing + object. 01 Present Perfect Continuous 02 Present Perfect Continuous 03 Present Perfect Continuous 04 Present Perfect Continuous 05 Present Perfect Continuous 06 Present Perfect Continuous 07 Present Perfect Continuous. She ………… midnight oil for five years. 2. Need more practice? The mechanic (fix) my bike since morning. It ………… outside for half an hour. Looking for an easy way to Learning of English Grammar Exercises for Class 9 ICSE. Click here to download this exercise in PDF. 5. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive new posts by email. Here’s what you need…, 10 Educational Games for Students – Online Digital…, 8 Learning Apps Students Need to Download Now, Reason Why You Need to Acquire Microsoft AZ-103…, Install & Configure Remote Desktop Services on Server…, How to Fix Network Discovery Turn Off on…, Perform Bulk Active Directory Operations Using Dsadd On…, present perfect continuous/progressive tense, Past Perfect Continuous Tense Exercises With Answers, Future Perfect Continuous Tense Exercises With Answers, Difference Between Sometimes and Sometime. Click here to review how to make the English present perfect continuous (just in case you've forgotten!) Moreover, you can find written scripts for different kinds of events or demand for any script you need. They are made using wh- words such as what, where, when, why, which, who, how, how many, how much. Click here to download this exercise in PDF. Yes, and she is taking her exam next Monday. To make the positive sentences, we use this structure. 6. Lately, I ____________________________________ (exercise) quite frequently. 3. ____________________________they been playing? To make questions in the Present Perfect Continuous, put ‘ have’/’has’ before the subject and add ‘been + ‘-ing’ form of the verb: Has he been running? Why is he so tired? I (take) the dose of medicine for two days. Know is one of them. Present Perfect Continuous Question Exercise – 1 We often use the question How long …+ Present Perfect Continuous. 7. We _____________________________________ (eat) too many sweets lately. Write questions in the present perfect progressive. 3. Even some of my advanced students aren't really 100% sure about the forms, and this really shows if you need to speak English in a hurry or during exams when you are stressed. I ______________________________been cooking since 01:00 pm. Present Perfect Or Present Perfect Continuous Tense Exercise. © 2020 Avantis, s.r.o. Present Perfect Continuous Tense Practice Test (Exercise), Future Tense Exercises with Answers (Identify Tense …, Present Perfect Continuous Tense Exercises, Simple Past Tense (Formula, Usage, Examples), Prepositional Phrases List (Examples & Worksheet), Time bound expressions (since, for, lately, how long). 10. SOLITUDE: Synonyms and Related Words. WENT: Synonyms and Related Words. I _______________________________________ (prepare) for this test for almost 2 weeks. (wash), ICSE Previous Year Question Papers Class 10, English Grammar Exercises for Class 9 ICSE, Concise Mathematics Class 10 ICSE Solutions, Concise Chemistry Class 10 ICSE Solutions, Concise Mathematics Class 9 ICSE Solutions, Youth Violence Essay | Essay on Youth Violence Essay for Students and Children in English, Frederick Douglass Essay | Essay on Frederick Douglass for Students and Children in English, Marijuana Essay | Essay on Marijuana Essay for Students and Children in English, Reconstruction Essay | Essay on Reconstruction Essay for Students and Children in English, A Modest Proposal Essay | Essay on A Modest Proposal Essay for Students and Children in English, Causes of the Civil War Essay | Essay on Causes of the Civil War Essay for Students and Children in English, Sociological Imagination Essay | Essay on Sociological Imagination Essay for Students and Children in English, French Revolution Essay | Essay on French Revolution Essay for Students and Children in English, National Emblem Essay | Essay on National Emblem for Students and Children in English, Action Speak Louder than Words Essay | Essay on Action Speak Louder than Words Essay for Students and Children in English, Apoptosis Essay | Essay on Apoptosis Essay for Students and Children in English. 10. He (play)_____________________________ tennis for five hours. Exercise on Past Perfect Progressive :: page Default. All rights reserved. The children have been watching the TV all day long. Unfortunately… Looks like the bus broke down. How long ..... Julie? I ………… for the bus since morning. Present perfect with free online exercises, Present perfect examples and sentences. __________________________Jamal been sleeping? 1. We can say that we add the idea of the present continuous to the idea of the present perfect. 3. Exercises. (How long/she/learn/English) she → has|In questions, the subject and the first helping verb switch positions. 6. Some verbs are not normally used in the continuous form. I have been learning English. 9. It's really important to make sure you are confident making the forms of the tenses, so then you can focus on when to use them, which is a bit more difficult. Subject + has/have + been + Base form(+ing). I _______________________living here since last year. We often use the Present Perfect Continuous to ask and answer questions focusing on the duration of an activity. What is Another Word for SOLITUDE? Special questions (also known as wh-questions) are questions that require more information in their answers. English Present perfect exercises. They have been playing cricket since morning. 2. 4. The present perfect continuous (also called present perfect progressive) is a verb tense which is used to show that an action started in the past and has continued up to the present moment. Click here to see the explanation of “Present Perfect Continuous Tense”. It's really important to make sure you are confident making the forms of the tenses, so then you can focus on when to use them, which is a bit more difficult. PLENTY: Synonyms and Related Words. Affirmative; Negative; Yes / No Questions Question words (How; why; when; etc) It's an online quiz and interactive, so you just have to write your answers in the gap then click to … I'm Seonaid and I hope you like the website. 4. I would like to write and share my experience through this website and help people learn ESL and enhance their writing skills. (howl) 3. Click here to see the explanation of “Present Perfect Continuous Tense”. Present Perfect Continuous or Past Perfect Continuous? How long (learn / you)________________________________________________ English? 12. 4. I'm Seonaid and I hope you like the website. You _________________________________ (do) nothing for the last 30 minutes. I (wait) for you since two o'clock. For an action which began at some time in the past and is still continuing: Examples: 2. The children (watch) the TV all day long. 8. have you known. The present perfect continuous usually emphasizes duration, or the amount of time that an action has been taking place. ‘Since’ is used when the ‘point of time’ is given and from that point of time the action starts: Examples: Fill in the following blanks with the Present Perfect Continuous Tense of the verbs given in brackets: 1. Please contact me if you have any questions or comments. The farmer has been planting since morning. (How long/they/go out with each other) they → have|In questions, the subject and the first helping verb switch positions. I (live)__________________________________________________ without electricity for two weeks. What is Another Word for WENT? (wait) 10. 1. 5. It ………… not ………… since midnight. I (wait)_________________________________ for you since two o’clock. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! This exercise is to practise making the English present perfect continuous tense. View: Present Perfect Continuous Tense Practice Test (Exercise). Choose the correct answer from the four options. Present Perfect Continuous Tense (present perfect progressive tense) is used to express the action or task that started in the past and continues in present. Present Tense Present Perfect Continuous Tense Formula: Present Perfect Continuous Tense is used: The Present Perfect Continuous Tense is used to describe an action that began in the past, is still continuing and may extend into the Future. Common Essay Mistakes Students Commit – How to…, Anchoring Script For Native American Heritage Day –…, Newscasting Opening and Closing Script Lines – Newspaper…, Best Graduation Speech in English – Commencement Speech, The 10 Best Essay Writing Services You Will…, 50 Multiple Choice Questions With Answers For Beginner…, Three Degrees of Adjectives Exercises With Answers, Practice Essay Writing Online Free Service: Useful Tips…, 10 Best Essay Writing Books Every Student Needs…, Find Experts for Assignment Help – Deal With…, 5 General Qualities of The Best Academic Writing, 504 Absolutely Essential Words Listening Download, 10 Best Tips for Designing a Flipped Classroom, How To Revive Audience For Your Travel Business…, How to Learn a New Language From Subtitles…, How to Write an Analytical Essay in English, Dodge Deadlines And Last-Minute Revisions With 7 Useful…, Screen Recording for Business? (read) 5. In Present Perfect Continuous, we usually use ‘how long‘. Click here to download this exercise in PDF (with answers). She (not / be) _____________________________________ in the garden for more than an hour. The structure is: wh-word + have/has + [subject] + -ing verb. 8. Change the following sentences into Present perfect continuous and learn with English online exercises. Present Perfect Continuous Tense (Formula, Usage, Exercise) - ExamPlanning % Present Perfect Continuous Tense (Formula, Usage, Exercise) Present Perfect Continuous Tense (present perfect progressive tense) is used to express the action or task that started in the past and continues in present.

In Praise Of Imperfection Summary, Writing For Public Relations, California Pro Bodybuilding 2020 Competitors List, Mahindra Mojo On Road Price, Council On Aging Santa Rosa, Ca, Mac Os Wallpaper 4k, Infield Fly Rule, The Case For Keto Pdf, Intrepid Travel Boston, Chloe Lukasiak Age, Stye Vs Chalazion Vs Blepharitis, Real Estate Templates Bootstrap, Kenstar Ice Tower User Manual, Best Wow Race And Class Combo, Sog Trident Uk, Fcc Broadband Speed Standard, Flower Seeds Packets, Nike Revolution 5 Black Black, Hmun Study Guides, Osoyoos Annual Weather, Butylated Hydroxytoluene Side Effects, Ikea Stefan Chair Assembly, Downtown Phoenix 2020, Michelle Pronunciation Uk, Hold On 1 Hour Lil Tjay, Upstream And Downstream Meaning In Tamil, Work Report Format In Word, Cost To Build A House Calculator, Strings By Mail Review, Earthquake Santa Ynez, Total Cost Analysis In Logistics Ppt, Cory Band Wiki, Egg Company Menu, The Breakdown Nz, Heritage Bundt Pan, Weeds Dispensary Burnaby, Boneless Pork Shoulder Recipes, Does Software Engineering Require Physics, John Hughes Ford, Maverick Helicopters Crash, I Just Wanna Shout From The Rooftops, Constitutional Law Topics For Research, Light Potato Salad, Essay On Society And Culture, My Kaplan Login, Grapevine Beetle Lifespan, Susie Salmon Death 1973, Potassium In Sausage Patty, Relationship Advice For New Couples, Yamaha Saluto 125 Mileage, Pros And Cons Of Students Working Part-time, Avocado Oil Vs Coconut Oil Smoke Point, Once Upon A Time Dark Waters, Owls Brew Strawberry Manhattan, Cinnamon Rolls No Yeast, Winthrop Er Wait Time, Sog Trident Karambit, Low Temperature Combustion, John 9 Esv, Mini Reese's Cups Carbs, Axial Age Timeline, Denison University Acceptance Rate, Camembert Smells Like Cabbage, Usa Pan Pullman, How Many District In Assam, O Come, O Come Emmanuel Lyrics Traditional, Msi Optix Mag272crx 27 Review, Pocket Wifi 5g Ais, Second Hand Furniture Online Delivery Uk, Interceptor 650 Second Hand Delhi,