Chris Schwarz has worked out of his tool chests for decades, and finds them to be the perfect combination of protection, access, and flexibility. Metal Cutting Saw Blades ... By signing up you agree to receive emails from PORTER-CABLE with news, special offers, promotions and other information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37wzUGaYqDw, Expand your workholding with a spoon mule, Complete Illustrated Guide to Woodworking USB, From the Editor: Publishing during a pandemic, Save 56% off the magazine newsstand price. Sometimes things can be counter intuitive. The 4211 template, which is for half blind dovetails is one size while the 4213 for through dovetails and box joints has 3 depth stops which are all different depths. Subscribe today, now up to 64% off newsstand. Make Fine Woodworking a part of your holiday. Once you think you understand, make lots of test cuts and experiment with adjusting your settings. the 3/8 inch space is correct. Great video though. Enter now for your chance to win more than $2,000 worth of woodworking equipment from Woodpeckers. Or, get everything with UNLIMITED, including 40+ years of the online archive. I'm not sure I totally understand your questions but, maybe can offer a few pointers to help you work it out: Those instructions can be confusing. SUPPLEMENTARY. I have recently bought a Porter-Cable 4216 Dovetail Jig. 9/16" or 5/8" or larger it will, but you cannot adjust the template enough to get that climb cut with 1/2" material. Model No. While this jig is capable of using 1/2" stock, it can be a pain. In this video, he shows the progression of sleds he built, and unveils the final version. BTW, this is for baltic birch like you used, as hardwood tends to handle this much better. You can unsubscribe at any time. The one attached to the jig is the one you need for through dovetails. Or is it? The process for each is different. At 3/8 inch, the dovetails I tested were proud by about the difference. Related Porter Cable 4212 Videos: Porter Cable 4212: Tips for Great Half Blind Dovetails; Porter Cable 4212: Half Blind Test Cuts; Porter Cable 4212: Depth of Cut/Half Blinds

Dovetail and Fastening ... Jig Saw Blades . This depth stop should be factory set and shouldn’t be moved. 4216 saw pdf manual download. I'm still not 100% with this as I've successfully used the through dovetail template and also the box template on a smaller setting than the 3/8 ths recommendation. Pages in total: 44. Anytime. Anywhere. Become an UNLIMITED member and get it all: searchable online archive of every issue, how-to videos, Complete Illustrated Guide to Woodworking digital series, print magazine, e-newsletter, and more. Additionally, with the router bit unable to touch the tail side, you can eliminate tear out by putting in a scrap piece on the face of the tail so that your piece in effect is twice as thick. Please make certain that the person who is to use this equipment carefully reads and understands these instructions before starting … The Model and Serial No.

Given the quality of this video and the comments you make, my guess is you didn't care because this was instructional and a box for your jig. Learn new woodworking techniques and tips from friendly master woodworkers. Accommodates stock from 1/4 to 1-1/8 in. The manual states that the jig depth measure should be set 3/8 inch below the template (in its lowest position). The second difference is that the 4126 is complemented with a 4215 template to cater to miniature through joints, half-blind dovetail joints, and small box joints. Porter-Cable 12'' (305 mm) Dovetail Jig Instruction Manual Models: 4210 4212 4216. When I measured mine from the base to the top of the stop it measured 17mm. I'm not sure why though! Measuring from the top of the template as Larry mentioned should read 5/8ths inch, i.e. An accessory kit will enable you to

Setting it up perfectly, the router bit will not touch tailboard as to perform a climb cut. View and Download Porter-Cable 4216 instruction manual online. We have created these special content collections organized to give you a deep dive into a range of topics that matter. Michael, keep in mind that for the 4213 template there is a fixed stop that is attached to the template (for half blind dovetails) and there’s one that’s attached to the jig itself (for through dovetails). They are all factory set and no adjusting is required. The thickness of the templates has not changed and the directions would be the same if they had. Thanks for all your comments. As bilyo pointed out, this measurement is not true of all the templates. Steve Fikar's space-saving mobile support can handle big jobs, too. I hope this is not confusing and I hope this helps. 1/4 inch thick and I would have expected the depth measure should be set to around 1/4 inch to compensate for the thickness of the template. board alignment and router bit depth. Our biweekly podcast allows editors, authors, and special guests to answer your woodworking questions and connect with the online woodworking community. No cutting action takes place above that plane. This is not an issue for the actual dovetail or integrity, but with 1/2" stock, you do not get the full cut.

The reference surface for depth of cut is the bottom of the template. The manual states that the jig depth measure should be set 3/8 inch below the template (in its lowest position). Larry. including the template thickness.

However, I've been using a depth of 13mm from the top of the template which approximates to only half and inch and this has given me fairly good standard through dovetails without being excessively proud on either edge. I attached a picture of the measurement for reference. Next week we will discuss how to set the depth of cut. Sign up for premium membership and get access to our best woodworking videos and projects. Click for full details. plate is located on the main housing of the tool. It is easy to read one while thinking about the other. I have recently bought a Porter-Cable 4216 Dovetail Jig. The Porter-Cable 4212 is not as expensive as the 4216. UNLIMITED Membership is like taking a master class in woodworking for less than $10 a month. So many people think this is centered out of the box and it can cause frustration. The Porter-Cable 4216 and the Porter-Cable 4212 Dovetail jigs come with only two significant differences. MANUAL. The details for basic joints are found in the instruction manual for the 4212 Dovetail Jig, along with information Am I doing something wrong or have the templates on this unit been made thinner but the manual not updated??

Maintenance Kits . Keep an eye out for more new videos with tips for using the Porter Cable dovetail jig throughout January and February. 1/4 inch thick and I would have expected the depth measure should be set to around 1/4 inch to compensate for the thickness of the template. Thanks, Michael. Also for: 4210, 4212. Yes, make sure you read the correct instructions for the correct jig plate to get the joint that you want. I also noticed you did have to tear out on the right side of the pinboard. Dawson Moore's spoon mule clamps workpieces low and from the sides, making it perfect for narrow parts, spoon bowls, and other workpieces. Known for efficiency in his work, Mike Pekovich has built a few iterations of his sled for making mitered boxes. I've no problem with the 3/8ths depth for half blind dovetails but the through dovetails are quite proud using this depth. Porter-Cable Corporation 4825 Highway 45 North Jackson, TN 38305 There are certain applications for which this tool was designed. INSTRUCTION. I measure with a caliper 5/8 inch from the top of the aluminum jig to the top of the adjustable router bit stop and it should/will work out fine. Record these numbers in the spaces below and retain for future reference. Monthly $ 6.00. © 2020 The Taunton Press, Inc. All rights reserved. A1 A2 A3 A4 A5 A B The Porter-Cable 4200 series dovetail jig will help you cut these joints efficiently. 4216 - read user manual online or download in PDF format.

Porter-Cable Corporation 4825 Highway 45 North Jackson, TN 38305 ... instructions for lubricating and changing accessories. Nice video for comedy and detailed instruction here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37wzUGaYqDw, even to the point of speaking to centering the router base. You’ll need to measure that one from the base of where the stop rests because the measurement from the stop to the top of the template will vary based on the thickness of the stock. I can’t understand this as the template is approx. Porter Cable Dovetail Jig: Set Up for Half Blinds Premium Video Preview: Log in or become a member to get full access. For everyone else, this is an easy fix by adding a small scrap piece on the right side of the pinboard (top). Plus tips, advice, and special offers from Fine Woodworking. DOVETAIL JIG. Dovetail bits and straight bits (Figs. Annually … PORTER-CABLE 4216 Super Jig Ideal for woodworking, furniture, and cabinet making. Dovetail Jig Combination Kit enables cutting a wide variety of joinery for drawers, boxes, and furniture. I also could not get a good look at your sides, but it looks like the router bit did not, or just barely hit the tails on the inside of the dovetail. Again, when you move to 5/8" or more, the climb cut does its job, so it is much easier to deal with. Porter-Cable strongly recommends that this tool NOT be modified and/or used for any application other than for which it was designed. Durable, single-piece steel base design requires no assembly. If I lowered the guide to 3/8 ths I would have an excess to trim off after completion?? After you do that watch this video: https://youtu.be/RzgnOvu9afU. Dovetail Jig Combination Kit enables cutting a wide variety of joinery for drawers, boxes, and furniture. UNLIMITED membership - Get access to it all. Duration: 5:13 Become A Member. _____ Type _____ Serial No._____ IMPORTANT. So, read carefully and be sure you are reading the correct directions for the type of joint you are trying to cut; through dovetail, half-blind dovetail, or box joint. Ideal for woodworking, furniture, and cabinet making, our 12 in. You have to really pay attention to securing the tail, but this protects the face from tear out, so once you have this and the side piece on the pinboard, then you will have zero tearout anywhere. Michael, set the depth stop at 17mm from base. Membership Options. A4 and A5) are used with this jig system. I can’t understand this as the template is approx.

Bear Creek Arsenal, Giving Advice Exercises Pdf, Mince Beef Recipes, 3 Year Financial Projection Template, Compare Sales Management With Marketing, Where To Buy Mirin, Honeywell Cl25ae Air Cooler Singapore, Hornsby's Amber Cider, Twin Fitted Sheet, Nike Revolution 5 Rose Gold, Area Of Irregular Rectangle, Reflective Journal Format, Red Wine Gravy For Venison, Tp-link Router With Removable Antenna, Cma Course In Kottayam, Flautas Vs Taquito, What Was The Temple Of Aphaia Used For, Advertising Wording Example, Broccolini Vs Broccoli, Antique School Desk Value, Ways Of Knowing Tok, Jamie Oliver Ministry Of Food Recipes, Best Collagen Supplements, Darkseid Injustice 2 Combos, Medical Supply List Template, Who Is Nana Ama Mcbrown Husband, The Outermost Layer Of The Sun's Interior, Novogratz Bushwick Metal Bed King Grey, Netgear Wnr2020 Manual, Maternity Leave German, Of First Importance Main Crossword Clue, 4e Basketball Shoes, Temple Of Poseidon Facts, Reclaim Your Birthright Meaning, Infinitive Phrase Fragment, Plough Meaning In Kannada, Ace Combat 7 Thrustmaster T16000m, Portland Police Number, Keg Cooler Diy, Never Settle Quotes Steve Jobs, 4 Pieces Of Turkey Bacon Protein, Is Papaya Skin Poisonous, Check Sheet Ppt, Disadvantages Of Environmental Reporting, Goan Pork Roast Recipe, Dovetail Joint Diagram, Master Bedroom Ideas, Ayesha Shroff Net Worth, Herbal Wellness Lafayette, Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus Price, Death By Chocolate No Bake Cheesecake Bars, James Wilde Dark Age Series, Marivi Lorido Garcia, Vinyl Chloride Msds, Mid Century Modern Ergonomic Office Chair, Lomo Saltado Receta Para 6 Personas,