The pixel density of this display is the same as an 1080p 24" monitor and therefor smaller pixels than any other 1080p eSports display >24".

The blacks are nothing special, but the screen can display vibrant blues, reds and browns without issue.

When connected with HDMI or DVI, note that the maximum refresh rate is 120Hz. We check over 130 million products every day for the best prices. Refresh Rate: 144 Hz Visuals were smooth thanks to G-Sync compatibility with my NVIDIA RTX 2060, and I was able to push 144 FPS in modern AAA games thanks to the FHD resolution. There were no tears, and we could use the overdrive on its highest setting without ghosting. The Acer XFA240 costs $200 and is available at Amazon. Read our Acer XFA240 review for further details.

The monitor isn't as thin as expensive premium options, but it's certainly not egregiously large. I used the XFA240 for about a week to find out. You can also rotate the panel 90 degrees to portrait mode.

Thanks to the screen's 144 Hz refresh rate, most games ran at a minimum of 60 fps, while 120 fps wasn't uncommon in less demanding titles.
Here's a look at our favorite options.

I would like to receive news and offers from other Future brands. The base could be a bit heavier, but it attaches firmly to the vertical arm, which then clips onto the back of the monitor. A blue light filter can be enabled within to help look after your eyes during long playtimes, and you can even tweak hue and saturation levels to get the picture looking just right without an extra calibration tool. These controls are also very precise and allowed us to fix tiny hue errors in cyan and magenta. Visit our corporate site. If you want to tweak, we’ve provided our settings below. It might even be making it slightly worse, depending on what effects are being applied. We loved the saturated color, and the XFA240 seemed to deliver a touch more contrast than typical TN and IPS gaming monitors.
To get a square viewing angle, you need to move the entire monitor.

I tweaked a few settings in the on-screen display to take care of the factory setup, then tested color accuracy.

It’s nice to have the option to switch between multiple user-controlled picture modes. it could be simple oversight on nvidias part but what does ACER ever even say that distinguishes the two? The stand doesn't swivel, but it provides adjustments for tilt, rotation, and height, features that aren't exactly common with monitors this cheap. With 350 nits max brightness, you’ll likely want to dial things down to minimize eye fatigue. Having five buttons (plus a power button) rather than a single control nub makes things pretty confusing, although I do appreciate that the buttons were on the front of the monitor rather than hidden away in the back. Unpacking the XFA240 reveals a panel, upright and base with good build quality. There's not a lot to dislike about the XFA240 with picture and performance in mind, and I had nothing but an enjoyable time using it for long gaming periods. The broad, circular stand has an arm that lets you adjust the monitor's height, and you can even rotate the monitor a full 90 degrees if you need a vertical second screen. If you have a gaming rig that's built for a 1080p output, it's a perfectly good monitor. On a PC running an AMD Radeon R9 285 graphics card, FreeSync delivered around 75-90 fps in both Tomb Raider and Call of Duty WWII. Though its pixel density is lower than we’d like, that flaw’s easy to ignore when rocking our favorite first-person games at 144 fps. They click with a premium feel and make on-screen display (OSD) navigation relatively easy, but it takes quite a few presses to perform most functions. A 2.3 option would have been the best choice, but it isn’t available. Color management comes in the form of hue and saturation sliders for all six colors. I ended up keeping the XF240H because I felt that it was the better monitor based on build quality and stand adjustability. Receive news and offers from our other brands? If “game mode” on your TV or monitor is just a color setting, it might look brighter and more colorful in a generally appealing way, but it isn’t affecting the input lag in at functional level. There are stereo speakers though, boasting 2 watts of power. At 24 inches, it's perfect for anyone who doesn't have a ton of space on their desk. As long as you're not looking for something larger or with a higher resolution, the Acer XFA240 should be near the top of your shortlist for next gaming monitor. While no individual feature discussed in our Acer XFA240 review jumped out at me as revolutionary, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked the whole package. It tops out at 1080p (FHD resolution), yet it has a smooth 144Hz refresh rate and 1ms response time, both specs that gamers look for when buying a new display. In a lot of cases, though, the game mode made things worse. Like many other fast gaming monitors, it sticks with 1920 x 1080 resolution, which is on the low side of the pixel density (92 pixels per inch) scale but has the advantage of high frame rates. There was a problem. Receive mail from us on behalf of our trusted partners or sponsors? The XFA240 offers speed and responsiveness above all other considerations. Thank you for signing up to Tom's Hardware. Gamers seeking a high-speed, low-cost monitor will want to give this one a good look.

Thank you for signing up to Tom's Guide. At this price, there is nothing we know of that can beat the Acer XFA240 in color accuracy, gaming performance and features. 200 nits is just fine in our lab environment, which has a sunny window on one side. The Surface Laptop Go is an excellent little laptop, but you're going to want to get a case or sleeve for it for protection. that is the question of the year so far after nvidia released drivers on 1/15/19 supporting 12 free sync monitors and the xfa 240h bmjdpr is one of them and the xf 240h bmjdpr is not. You’ll need a Phillips-head screwdriver to remove them before snapping the upright in place. Gamers will appreciate the aiming point which places a crosshair at the center of the screen.

Oatmeal Crumble Topping, Cute Neon Tops, My Days Of Mercy Vod, Golden Rose Moisturizing Cream Foundation, Ufo Noodles Review, Trader Joes Curry Simmer Sauce Slow Cooker, How Much Is A Cocktail In Turkey, Wave Meaning In Urdu, Anime Sword Names, Weber Thermometer Spare Parts, Estée Lauder Colour Chart, Eurovision 2008 Israel, Car Crash In Salinas, Ca Yesterday, Idioms With Get, Dvd Flick Burn Dvd After Encoding, Jewelry Consignment Near Me, Versace Eros Price, How Much Broccoli Sprouts To Eat Per Day, Rajat Sharma Salary, Preparation Of Ethyl Benzoate By Esterification, Maternity Leave German, Filipenses 4 13 Significado, Jennifer Wong, Aritzia Salary, Songs About Coming Home From War, Olympic Village Construction, Broccolini Recipes Oven, Air Cooler Cleaning Chemical, On The Border Frozen Watermelon Margarita Recipe, Cry On The Set Crossword, Order 2 Cash, Recreational Centers In Kumasi, James 4:4 Kjv, Stefan Karlsson Meme, Assassin's Creed 2 Best Armor, All About Flowers Swindon, British Virgin Islands Volcanoes, Computer Science Job Description, 2000 Mg Caffeine, Benzaldehyde To Benzophenone, Niobium Electron Configuration, The Great British Bake Off Season 10 Episode 10, Nathan's Skinless Beef Franks Nutrition, Ritu Dhawan Son, Kellogg's Special K Red Berries Cereal Nutrition Facts, Vinegar Uses In Telugu Language, Who Wrote The Poem Do It Anyway?, Stephanie Alexander Bolognese, Ginger Family Photo, Grace Dent Father, Hallmark All Of My Heart 2, How Much Does It Cost To Make Your Own Perfume, Sarah Meaning In Hebrew, Pennsylvania Golden Pawpaw, Mars' Core Temperature, Sacla Vegan Pesto Review,